College Interview Tips
The college interview is just one of many factors in the admission decision. College interview is a chance to show that you are more than just test scores and grades. It is an exchange of information. It can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. So for good college interview you have to consider the college interview tips.
Following are some college interview tips which we have to consider:
- Before the Interview
Following are some college interview tips which we have to consider before going to interview:
- Do take the interview process seriously.
- Preparation increases your confidence. Know yourself and be prepared to discuss your strengths/weaknesses and major accomplishments.
- Learn about the college and be prepared to explain why you are interested in the school.
- Dress comfortably yet appropriately.
- During the Interview
Following are some college interview tips which we have to consider during the interview:
- Arrive early at the interview.
- Don't bring a parent into the interview.
- Meet the representative with a firm handshake and smile. Speak directly and make eye contact with the representative. Introduce yourself and your parents.
- Bring a resume of your activities to give to the Admissions representative.
- Don't Lie.
- Don't chew gum during your interview.
- Dress appropriately. Remember first impressions do count.
- Relax and be yourself. Most admission representatives know that students are more than what appears on paper. Talk about your family, goals and outside activities.
- Don't respond with only "yes" or "no" answers.
- Don't be afraid to talk about yourself or your accomplishments. Remember, this is your opportunity to make a great impression.
- Ask sophisticated questions on topics such as:
- Personal attention
- Intellectual and cultural opportunities
- Social life
- After the Interview
Following are some college interview tips which we have to consider after the interview:
- Ask for the next step.
- Follow up with a thank you note to the interviewer.